RPS a leading global professional services firm is delighted to announce a new partnership with Lighthouse, a suicide prevention and mental health charity.
RPS recognises the crucial role Lighthouse plays in our community and proudly supports its commitment in working to prevent suicide and creating positive mental health in our society.Michael Shaw, Managing Director of RPS
Lighthouse, a charity based in Belfast is committed to the prevention of suicide; the promotion of positive mental health well-being and the provision of support services to families who have been bereaved by suicide. The charity provides a beacon of hope to individuals, families and communities as well as providing preventative support services which aim to save lives, offer advice and support to those affected by suicide.
Welcoming the partnership, Paul Finnegan, Executive Director at Lighthouse said:
This is a special year for Lighthouse, as we celebrate 20 years of supporting local people. To have a partnership with RPS, is the icing on the cake and we really are looking forward to working alongside their staff to raise awareness of mental health and vital funds for the charity.
Notes to editor
Photo from L-R – Michael Shaw, Managing Director at RPS and Paul Finnegan, Executive Director at Lighthouse.
- Lighthouse works to remove the stigma associated with suicide and mental health issues through education and awareness activities which promote positive mental health.
- Lighthouse Crisis Intervention Service gives individuals the opportunity to speak with someone to help give a different perspective in a non-judgemental environment and is a route to access other services, both within and outside Lighthouse to help restore mental health and wellbeing.
- Lighthouse Counselling Service enable clients to benefit from a therapeutic process where they can work through issues impacting on their mental health and wellbeing in a safe, non-judgemental environment, where clients can acknowledge and explore their thoughts and feelings.
- Lighthouse Youth Service provides positive mental health programmes to young people in schools; youth centres and community groups through group work and adventure learning.
- Lighthouse Family Support Service offers one to one practical and emotional support, in the aftermath of a death by suicide. The family support worker provides a listening ear and sensitive approach to a very painful and distressing experience.
- Lighthouse Art Therapy offers self-expression, reflection and non-verbal communication and can be a great tool to help individuals as they begin their journey of improved self-awareness.