As a small charity we rely on volunteers to help us raise awareness of Lighthouse in the local area, support our fundraising and services teams whilst enabling the charity to continue to promote positive mental health well-being in the local area.
As a Lighthouse volunteer, you’ll have great inter-personal skills, be reliable, flexible, and easy to contact. This is a great opportunity to meet new people, develop your organisational, communication and team building skills. It is also a great opportunity to gain experience, develop your existing skills and learn new ones.
All you need is a passion for Lighthouse and the work we do, as well as an interest to represent the charity. You will understand the needs of people affected by mental health issues in the local area and be sympathetic to their needs.
We know that your time is precious so we will work with you to make sure that you also get the most out of your experience with us.
Volunteering opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Office administration
- Collection can management
- Befriending (working one to one with clients)
- Attending and supporting community health fairs
- Participating in or helping at fundraising events
- Representing Lighthouse at health fairs or other community events.
- Attending store/street collections
- Practical help within Lighthouse Building (this can involve anything you might be good at, from minor repair work to a spot of cleaning.